Prepare the Breadcrumbs first
- 6 tbs Oat Bran
- 3 tbs fat free cream cheese or 3 wedges of low-fat laughing cow cheese (any flavor)
- 3 eggs or 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 ts dried basil
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3-4 tbs water
- 3 tbs shredded parmesan
- Combine & whisk all ingredients together, except for the last two.
- Add one tablespoon of water at a time until the batter gets to a crepe-like batter consistency. (No more than 4 tbs)
- Heat a skillet on medium with cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 of batter into skillet and tilt to form a round, thin crepe-like circle.
- Brown both sides of the crepes and set aside. Continue the process until all of the batter is used.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Place crepes on a cooking sheet with cooking spray and toast until crispy.
- Once out of the oven, allow crepes to cool.
- Roughly shred the crepes to fit into a food processor or blender.
- Process to a breadcrumb consistency.
- Add parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture.
Tomatoes & Stuffing
- 8 tomatoes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tbs seasoning salt
- 1 ts pepper
- 2 ts italian-herb seasoning
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Cut off tops of tomatoes and use spoon to clean out the insides.
- Heat skillet on medium with cooking spray.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add diced bell peppers and onions & saute until slightly tender.
- Set vegetable mixture aside & brown the ground beef.
- Add salt, pepper, & italian-herb seasoning.
- Combine vegetables, ground beef, & 1-2 hand full of breadcrumbs.
- Lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stuff tomatoes with ground beef mix and top with breadcrumbs.
- Place tomatoes in baking dish and lightly spray tops with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
(breadcrumbs source: http://dukanitout.com/holiday-parties-recipes-and-ideas/)